Compression stockings are a special type of useful means for treating venous insufficiency.
In addition, they have a preventive and therapeutic effect of improving circulation in the legs, treat varicose veins and varicose spiders, and control other possible circulatory problems.
Benefits of compression stockings
- They improve circulation. Wearing compression stockings helps blood vessels regulate circulatory pressure.
- They decrease the swelling of the feet and ankles. Venous insufficiency causes the veins to lose elasticity and deform, which hinders venous return, causing blood to accumulate in the area and cause inflammation in the area. Compression stockings reduce swelling by promoting the return of blood to the heart.
- They also help reduce leg fatigue.
- They help control the appearance of varicose veins and spider veins. The appearance of these is related to circulatory problems that are attenuated with the use of stockings, since they act by exerting pressure to promote blood circulation.
- They are instrumental in preventing the appearance of blood clots.
Types of socks
There are many types of compression stockings in different shapes and sizes.
For example, we distinguish between the sock, the short stocking, the long stocking, and the pantyhose regarding their length.
First of all, socks and short stockings are the easiest to wear and reach below the knee.
The socks are much thicker in texture, so they are ideal for cold seasons.
On the other hand, long stockings reach mid-thigh and pantyhose to the waist, making them very comfortable to wear skirts or dresses.
In addition, there are different levels of pressure depending on the pathology:
- Mild and regular compression: they are the most common to treat tired legs, improve circulation and prevent the appearance of varicose veins when there is a predisposition or varicose spider veins. The normal compression are also very useful for people who spend many hours either sitting or standing and for mild varicose veins.
- Strong compression: used to treat varicose veins and more serious circulatory problems. It is essential to consult a doctor before using this type of stockings.
Pros and Cons Wearing Stockings
Keep in mind that although the style and length can be chosen to your liking, the choice of the compression level of the stocking should be based on your symptoms and supervised by a medical professional.
Fashion is an expansive universe made up of different accessories, aiming to provide women a body aesthetic more in line with social standards and a health tool that takes care of them.
Most of these garments will make of the time, with lycra fiber, which belongs to the generic classification of elastane. There is currently an infinity of brands, designs, and colors on the market since, throughout history, it has become a basis for the female wardrobe.
However, like all synthetic fabrics, stockings have benefits and drawbacks for women’s health and body aesthetics.
- 1 . Hides cellulite. Although your appearance may temporarily improve, stockings cannot remove it.
- Relieves pain or discomfort caused by varicose vein problems.
- They prevent inflammation. Like the previous point, it refers to special so-called compression stockings, which generate more significant pressure on the leg, allowing blood circulation tow fluid.
- Makes the leg more aesthetic. It hides skin imperfections that take away the beauty of this part of our anatomy.
- Shape our bodies. Some stockings have bands and elements that allow to hold and hide the abdomen.
- They contribute to vaginal infections. It is more recurrent in women prone to infections or fungi since the frequent use of this garment encourages heat and humidity, promoting the growth of these agents.
- They aggravate foot infections.
- Also, can hurt your feet.
- Sometimes it cause itching and irritation. Some people are usually allergy to some of the fibers that the stocking will make of it. Hence, it can cause some discomfort.
- It is a disposable garment. Therefore, it becomes an ongoing expense.
A Natural Way Of Pain Management By Health Care Guardian
Comminuted Fracture: Types, Causes, Symptoms, And Treatment
Winter is the ideal time to wear this garment, which provides more excellent body aesthetics and shelters us. Just take a good look before buying it, if it has the elements and requirements your body needs. Fashion is part of our life, but it should not be a sacrifice.