This Thai Massaman Beef Curry and salads Recipe is luxurious and very flavorful. It is a homemade recipe without the need for any store-bought curry paste or powder.
The ingredient which in the list may seem long, but the sauce is natural to make – you don’t even need a food processor. Toss all the sauce ingredients into the curry pot as you prepare them, and simmer together with the meat.
Notice that lamb and chicken are often traditionally substituted for beef, and all kinds of meat make for a delicious Massaman curry.
Buff leaves play a significant role in the Massaman curry than in the hard-to-find kaffir lime leaves found in many Thai curry dishes. Eggplant, green beans, and tomatoes are other good vegetables in this dish.
Materials need to make Massaman Beef Curry
- 2 2/2 cups good quality chicken or beef stock
- 1 to 2 lbs. Beef (or lamb can also be used), cut into cubes or thin slices
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 to 2 potatoes, sliced into chunks
- A little fresh cilantro (cilantro) or basil
- 1 toe slice ginger, grated
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1 stem One, slices (upper slices reserved), or 2 to 3 tbsp. Frozen
- Lemongrass made
- 1 red chili, slices, or 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. Chilli flakes or cayenne pepper
- If desired, add 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or cashew nuts, extra for garnish
- 1 tsp. Ground Courier
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. White pepper
- 1 tsp. Yellow
- 1/8 tsp. Cardamon
- 1 tsp. Tamarind, or 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp.
- Shrimp paste (available in jars at Asian stores)
- 2 tbsp.
- Fish soup
- A 14-oz. (400 ml) Coconut milk (not light)
How to Make It Massaman Beef Curry
- Store in a large pot over high heat. Add the meat, onion, and bay leaves. If using fresh lemongrass, add leftover stalk on top. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover or partially cover with a lid and cook for 40 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the meat is tender or near-tender. (You can choose to skip this step – see the instructional recipe below.)
- Add all the curry sauce ingredients, stirring with each addition. If desired, grab a few tablespoons of coconut milk to serve.
- Add the potatoes. Return to a boil, then continue to boil for 30 more minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the flavor, adding more fish sauce if you want more spice for increased flavor/brine or more chili. Sugar can be added for the taste, or it can be replaced by jaggery. If too salty or sweet for your taste, add a touch more tamarind or lemon juice. If too spicy, add more coconut milk (regular milk cream or milk works also).
- Transfer a bowl or spoon to individual plates or bowls. The dish can be added with fresh cilantro or basil plus some extra nuts. Drizzle on reservoir coconut milk (if needed) and serve with Thai jasmine rice.
Time-saving tip for Thai Massaman Beef Curry:
In this recipe, the meat is pre-boiled for more flavor – it takes longer, but the result is worth the taste. However, if you want to make it a little fast, you can easily cut back on this step. (If the meat boiles till 30 minutes or less, leave the lid on or reduce the stock to 2 cups.)
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total fat||40 g|
|Saturated fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated fat||10 g|
|Fiber material||6 g|
Salad for Thai Massaman Beef Curry
Potassium : 131mg
Salt equivalent: 0.3g
|Banquet group||Material (for one person)|
How to make
- Cut the cucumbers in circles and leave them in water. Cut cabbage into pieces that are easy to eat and boil them.
- Wash the raw seaweed with water, boil it about 20g and make it into pieces.
- Squeeze cabbage, cucumber, and seaweed, and mix mayonnaise and mustard, and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Raw vegetable salad with walnuts
The new nut is very delicious.
|Material (for 2 people)||Walnut|
|Appropriate amount||Raw vegetables|
|One||Dressing with cheese|
|Appropriate amount for taste||Salt and black pepper|
How to make
- Divide the walnuts with kitchen scissors to get the fruit. Divide into sizes that are easy to eat.
- Cut the cucumber vertically and then slice it diagonally, soak it in water with raw vegetables and lift it into a colander.
- Topped walnuts in a bowl with fresh herbs and cheese dressing.