Traditional organic India ashwagandha medicine, known as Ayurveda practice, very established in the south of the Asian continent, has one of its essential pillars in the use of medicinal plants. And one of the hardy plants to make up its healing remedies is, for more than two thousand years, modest nightshade, in Hindi as ashwagandha. The meaning, unglamorous, of this double word (‘ashva’ and ‘gandha’) would come to be ‘smell of horse urine’, an appreciation that is usually always subjective.
But, at an informative level and as a resource to characterize its healing power. It also baptizes as Indian ginseng, since it rivals Chinese ginseng as a powerful natural reviver, intended to relieve emotional problems such as stress, insomnia or anxiety, and as beneficial healing against weakness and nervous fatigue.
What is ashwagandha like, and where is it?
The ashwagandha Withania somnifera (L.) Dunai, also by the name of or oval and bufera somnífera (in Catalan), is a plant of the Solanaceae family (the tomato, potato and tobacco family), which is It has been used since historical times in India as a medicinal remedy, for its tonic, de-tiring and anti-rheumatic virtues.
Illustration of Organic India Ashwagandha
Between 60 and 120 cm high, sometimes up to a meter and a half when it finds on incredibly humid and nitrogenous soils, the ashwagandha or Withania has strong, semi-woody stems, the large leaves, oblong-oval in shape, long petioles, and the bell-shaped flowers, greenish-yellow, which appear in the axils of the leaves.
The berries are fleshy spheres eight millimetres in diameter, bright red in colour, which darken when ripe. The berries are edible, but their seeds contain some toxicity due to the presence of alkaloids.
It is found in India and another world, in low-lying coastal areas. However, it extends west to the Lebanese coast, North Africa, Crete, and some points along the European Mediterranean coast. In Spain, we can find it, although in a scattered and rare way, on the coast of Levante, Murcia and Andalusia, plus a few points in Mallorca and Ibiza. Its status as a native plant is not exact. It occupies disturbed spaces, open fields, abandoned lots and roadsides. Somewhat more frequent is the related species Withania frutescens, present in the southeast of the peninsula and North Africa.
The ashwagandha is a plant of Indian tradition, as Withania , which can be a natural aid to a wide variety of people affects by emotional, psychological, metabolic and physiological problems because of its remarkable therapeutic versatility in its dual role sedative and invigorating.
The Benefits of Organic India Ashwagandha For Health
so the experts recommend it for the following cases, but before deciding to use it, always consult a specialist:
- It considered an adaptogenic remedy. It is a relatively recent term that defines the capacity that a substance provides to help us cope with an adverse or changing situation. Withania is effective in reducing excess stress. This psycho-emotional condition can lead to other disorders if not control it.
- Ashwagandha facilitates sleep and helps alleviate insomnia. Experiments with mice have shown the action of withanolides and trietilenglicol to establish the REM phase of sleep, in which the deepest and most restful sleep will develop.
- Due to its nature as a revitalizing plant, also known as Oroville, It use to treat mild and specific depressive and anxious states.
- It also uses for the treatment of attention-deficit due to nervous hyperactivity. However, its effectiveness is not scientifically on the records.
- Ashwagandha will use in India to clear the mind and promote mental relaxation.
- It is an outstanding revitalizing agent. It intends primarily for the elderly, to curb the loss of spirits and vitality, and to combat asthenia.
- Whitening also intends to combat nervous fatigue, weakness and anaemic states due to lack of iron. Ashwagandha treatments can significantly raise haemoglobin and erythrocyte (red blood cell) levels in anaemic and convalescent individuals.
From Experts Point of Organic India Ashwagandha
- Its use evaluate to mitigate the side effects of taking antipsychotic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia, by mitigating the possible increase in lipid and sugar levels that these could generate.
- It is attributed to a stimulating effect on the thyroid gland; it promotes the production of thyroid hormones and try for the treatment of hypothyroidism, but conclusive studies are lacking in this regard.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic action. It provide is effective in relieving rheumatic pain and reducing the inflammatory process in rheumatoid arthritis and incipient arthritic states.
- In India, ashwagandha also intends to lower blood pressure. Other patients with high and moderately high blood pressure and to lower LDL cholesterol levels as well.
- It also attributes to a certain immunomodulatory effect. That Which would favour the increase in leukocytes or white blood cells. It would strengthen the body against the eventuality of infection or pathogenic attack.
- Ashwagandha extracts have been tested, still experimentally, for specific side effects of radiation therapy. It shows to reduce myelosuppression. Its a bone marrow condition that causes a decrease in platelets, red blood cells(RCB), and white blood cells(WCB).
- Recent studies, by the Spanish Society of Phytotherapy. They attest to the efficacy of ethanolic extracts of Withania root to prevent bone loss in experiments with mice. This treatment, applied to humans, could increase bone resistance to fractures. It also, making Withania extracts outstanding support for people of advanced age and bone fragility.
- Withanolide extracts, especially withaferin A, have been used in clinical trials to test a possible inhibitory effect on the tumour cells in some types of cancer, such as breast and colon cancer. However, we have not found conclusive information in this regard.
- Font de Quer tells in his excellent ‘Dioscorides renewed’ that the fruit violently provokes urine. It recommends to attack dropsy (retention of fluid in internal tissues).
- In the same source, it reminds us that the fruits use in decoction to relieve toothache and teeth.
- In Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha also used to improve sexual response and promote fertility.